What's new

YazFi Custom IP set nothing working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joshuajackson

Hello I have this weird issue. Most of the times when I connect a client to guest network it would set the IP to the stock ones from regular router. However I would have it set to 10.0.10.0 for example, sometimes the clients would get those IP however 90% it fails to do so and just gives it the regular ones. I’ve reinstalled YAZI but no luck. Any suggestions?

But isn’t yazi supposed to do it automatically?
Perhaps posting a screenshot or two of the issue will help understand exactly what you are seeing. Are you saying wifi clients you have joined to the YazFi guest network are not getting an IP address from the YazFi configured ip address range? If so how are you determining which ip address the YazFi guest client is receving? Are you checking the system log > wireless log page to see what ip addresses the WiFi clients are using?

Perhaps posting a screenshot or two of the issue will help understand exactly what you are seeing. Are you saying wifi clients you have joined to the YazFi guest network are not getting an IP address from the YazFi configured ip address range? If so how are you determining which ip address the YazFi guest client is receving? Are you checking the system log > wireless log page to see what ip addresses the WiFi clients are using?
1680799065874.png

1680799091999.png

its giving the routers DHCP example
IP4: 192.168.0.22
Def Gateway: 192.168.0.1

instead of
IP4: 10.0.10.22
Def Gateway: 10.0.10.1

seems to completely ignore yazi

its giving the routers DHCP example
IP4: 192.168.0.22
Def Gateway: 192.168.0.1

instead of
IP4: 10.0.10.22
Def Gateway: 10.0.10.1

seems to completely ignore yazi
Try using Guest network #2 or #3. Asus handles or treats Guest #1 differently, possibly for AiMesh, apparently based on posts elsewhere.

Try using Guest network #2 or #3. Asus handles or treats Guest #1 differently, possibly for AiMesh, apparently based on posts elsewhere.
i will try that any idea what this means tho DHCPNAK(br0) 10.0.10.192 22:40:d6:0f:69:02 wrong address

same issue but i get this log now
dnsmasq-script[22021]: json_object_from_file: error opening file /jffs/nmp_vc_json.js: No such file or directory

i will try that any idea what this means tho DHCPNAK(br0) 10.0.10.192 22:40:d6:0f:69:02 wrong address
The wrong address error message could be due to a second DHCP server running on the local network or for other reasons (see this thread discussion). Just to confirm, you are not using AiMesh correct? YazFi doesn't work with AiMesh nodes.

The wrong address could also be due to the WiFi device causing the problem. I see similar wrong address errors in my log with a specific Amazon Echo device that sometimes doesn't join the YazFi Guest WiFi after a router reboot or saving of the YazFi setting which reloads YazFi and triggers Guest WiFi clients to reconnect. I usually have to power cycle that one specific device to make the wrong address warning go away in the log.

This is a normal message. The client is asking for the address it had previously (10.0.10.192) but dnsmasq is refusing to give it that because it's not valid for the interface the client is connected to. Instead dnsmasq gives it 192.168.50.192 (which is in the range defined for that interface).

dnsmasq-script[22021]: json_object_from_file: error opening file /jffs/nmp_vc_json.js: No such file or directory
This is a normal message that's generated when the wireless interface is restarted (because you've made a change to the router's config).

Last edited:
As ColinTaylor points out, a normal message. See it from time to time in my log as well. As indicated, it's typically caused by the wireless interface being restarted after a setting change to wireless has been made.

um yeah you are correct sir it was the aimesh problem. how come it does not work with them?
The wrong address error message could be due to a second DHCP server running on the local network or for other reasons (see this thread discussion). Just to confirm, you are not using AiMesh correct? YazFi doesn't work with AiMesh nodes.

The wrong address could also be due to the WiFi device causing the problem. I see similar wrong address errors in my log with a specific Amazon Echo device that sometimes doesn't join the YazFi Guest WiFi after a router reboot or saving of the YazFi setting which reloads YazFi and triggers Guest WiFi clients to reconnect. I usually have to power cycle that one specific device to make the wrong address warning go away in the log.

Last edited:
The YazFi GitHub Wiki seems to be offline (dead link for me). That Wiki had an entry for how to assign fixed IP address for YazFi clients. In the mean time, see my post at the following link that explains how to manually assign IP addresses to YazFi WiFi clients:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/y...inc-ssid-vpn-client.45924/page-32#post-473403
just looks like someone renamed the page? https://github.com/jackyaz/YazFi/wi...verse-DNS-records#a-note-on-dhcp-reservations

Author: majick
Date: Sat Apr 1 11:54:04 2023 -0700

Updated to remove references to ARP, which is a completely different thing. I ran into this page because I was having ARP problems but the text that is using the term "ARP" is actually talking about rDNS, not ARP.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!