What's new

Custom login screen

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smokindog

I've got a number of APs in the house and would like to easily know which one I'm logged in to.

Is there a way to place a unique name on the initial login screen, like maybe an NVRAM variable? I'd also like it to show up in the upper left of the sub.menu screens. I'm guessing these are static images but thought I'd ask.
upload_2020-1-8_17-33-19.png
upload_2020-1-8_17-34-26.png

use IP adress to log in ;)

Of course, you can change the background image, just use the mount command.

like:
Code:
mount --bind $Your_folder/login_bg.png /www/images/New_ui/login_bg.png

I've got a number of APs in the house and would like to easily know which one I'm logged in to.

Yeah, that is a hassle! :)

The new Microsoft Edge (which is basically Google Chrome without the Google) allows you to install a website as an app with a custom title bar that then appears in the taskbar when run (taskbar vs browser tabs). So, you could prepare one of these for each of those many APs you have to manage. The custom title will tell you what you are looking at in the taskbar and when open.

The app shortcut put on the Desktop could be put into Favorites or a similar taskbar toolbar folder of links. I use the latter approach for linking to everything.

OE

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!