cyberthreatcoalition.org URL blocklist works with uBlock Origin

EmeraldDeer

Very Senior Member
The list has balooned

CyberThreatCoalition.png

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
I like uBlock Origin. I ran it on my old laptop with secure DNS, QUAD9. With my new laptop on Windows 10 2004 I am trying secure DNS, QUAD9 and Edge's APP blocking for PUP/PUA and my laptop set to only allow software to be installed from Microsoft store. This is a little snappier over using uBlock Origin for me.

My question for you is how much overhead is there? Does it slow your response time down a lot?

EmeraldDeer

Very Senior Member
I like uBlock Origin. I ran it on my old laptop with secure DNS, QUAD9. With my new laptop on Windows 10 2004 I am trying secure DNS, QUAD9 and Edge's APP blocking for PUP/PUA and my laptop set to only allow software to be installed from Microsoft store. This is a little snappier over using uBlock Origin for me.

My question for you is how much overhead is there? Does it slow your response time down a lot?
I don't have measurements, but I have not perceived uBO to be any slower than alternatives. It is faster than no blocker at all, I presume due to the avoidance of the overhead of user tracking and ads.

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
My new i9 5GHz laptop with 8 cores and 16 threads sees the ads faster than blockers. The ads seem to be split out as separate threads and are faster on this site any way. I see a slight hesitation when I use uBO. Maybe it is not as multi-threaded or the code is not as fast. Any way my statement above is the way I see it. So I see ads now on this site but no cookies.

How old of CPU are you using? You may be right on older smaller CPUs.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!