What's new

Cyerghost VPN Setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AshAudis

New Around Here
I have an account with Cyberghost and wanted to add some of their servers to my router (GT-AC5300).

I've correctly added my OVPN file and CRT/Key info. It attempts to connect but causes an error when my Cyberghost offers an IPV6 address.

I get the error;
Code:
Ifconfig inet6 failed: external program exited with error status: 1

Which i've read up and seems to be connected to my router not set to work with IPV6. I've read online about some options i can use to disable IPV6 for the connection

Code:
pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"
pull-filter ignore "route-ipv6"

But i'm not 100% on how to actually use this in an ovpn config file, or how to set it on the router?

Thanks in Advance!

Simplest way would probably to add these two lines at the end of the OVPN files, and then import it on your router.

Simplest way would probably to add these two lines at the end of the OVPN files, and then import it on your router.
I tried adding them as formatted as they are now, but i got this error;

Code:
Jun  9 13:19:18 vpnclient4[19041]: Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in config.ovpn:48: pull-filter (2.3.2)

Sorry if it's a simple formatting issue, i have little understanding of the config file for it and how it should be formatted.

Cheeers.

I tried adding them as formatted as they are now, but i got this error;

Code:
Jun  9 13:19:18 vpnclient4[19041]: Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in config.ovpn:48: pull-filter (2.3.2)

Sorry if it's a simple formatting issue, i have little understanding of the config file for it and how it should be formatted.

Cheeers.

Asus is still using a much older OpenVPN version than me, maybe 2.3.2 didn't support that option yet.