1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Cyerghost VPN Setup

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by AshAudis, Jun 9, 2018.

1. AshAudis

AshAudis New Around Here

I have an account with Cyberghost and wanted to add some of their servers to my router (GT-AC5300).

I've correctly added my OVPN file and CRT/Key info. It attempts to connect but causes an error when my Cyberghost offers an IPV6 address.

I get the error;
    Code:
    Ifconfig inet6 failed: external program exited with error status: 1
    Which i've read up and seems to be connected to my router not set to work with IPV6. I've read online about some options i can use to disable IPV6 for the connection

Code:
    pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"
    pull-filter ignore "route-ipv6"
    But i'm not 100% on how to actually use this in an ovpn config file, or how to set it on the router?

Thanks in Advance!

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Simplest way would probably to add these two lines at the end of the OVPN files, and then import it on your router.

4. AshAudis

AshAudis New Around Here

I tried adding them as formatted as they are now, but i got this error;

Code:
    Jun  9 13:19:18 vpnclient4[19041]: Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in config.ovpn:48: pull-filter (2.3.2)
    Sorry if it's a simple formatting issue, i have little understanding of the config file for it and how it should be formatted.

Cheeers.

5. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Asus is still using a much older OpenVPN version than me, maybe 2.3.2 didn't support that option yet.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!