What's new

D-Link DGS-2208 @ $30 after MIR (Newegg)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jdabbs

Super Moderator
The DGS-2208 is an 8-port Gigabit unmanaged switch. I've been using one for several months with no complaint. Newegg has this switch for $40 w/ free shipping, so $30 after rebate. Low-end switches are considered a commodity good, so it's rare to see a name-brand product drop below the usual price floor (last I noticed was May, and I had to take advantage of a Lightning Deal, MIR, and Amazon Prime to match this offer).

If you're looking for a GCS (good cheap switch) this one will likely fit the bill.

Wasn't there a review on this switch which came in second to the Netgear GS608. Still if you use DLINK products you might want to go all the way. Price is cheaper by $3 less than my Netgear gig switches which are green also.

Well by 692.7 Netgear vs 685.7 Dlink .. Anyway I already was using Netgear just stuck with them as they do make good switches. But you're right in the sense I did look at both chipset makers specs slight edge with DLINK extra 24KB memory buffer. One switch maker you didn't review was PRO-NETS Technology Corporation

eg3108vt_b.jpg

EG3108R uses advanced Realtek Gigabit Ethernet single-chip solution
EG3108VT uses advanced Vitesse Gigabit Ethernet single-chip solution

* Supports eight 10M/100M Half/Full duplex switching ports
* Supports eight 1000M Full duplex switching ports
* Supports Store-and-forward operation
* Supports up to 8K MAC addresses table
* Provides 144KB Frame Buffer Memory
* Supports Full-duplex IEEE 802.3x flow control and Half-duplex back pressure
* Supports Auto-detection for MDI/MD-X