What's new

D-Link In Development For New Apple HomeKit Friendly Wi-Fi Cameras

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
D-Link announced it has a new smart home Wi-Fi camera in development that would be compatible with the new Apple Home app, as well as with Apple’s HomeKit smart home framework.

dlinklogo.jpg

Touting itself as “one of the latest brands to support Apple’s smart home framework,” D-Link specifically noted that the new Wi-Fi camera is designed and built for the HomeKit’s camera category. According to the company, combining the new camera with either the app or HomeKit adds more options for consumers interested in customizing, monitoring and protecting their home.

With the combination of Siri and HomeKit, the new camera will be voice-enabled, and though details have yet to be released, the new camera can also be controlled using the Home app’s scene based operations, which automates smart devices based on predetermined settings.

No specific release dates have been set, but D-Link says the new Wi-Fi camera will be available later this year.

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen considering the quality of D-link stuff. Once my test lab is set up any manufacturer is welcome to loan me their product for torture testing to convince me otherwise, this means pushing as far as possible to see how rigid the performance is, testing electrical stability (i wont blow up your device, promise), responsiveness, boot times and an inside look on the EEE quality of the design. I can even include a wireshark test too for those worried about backdoors.

If d-link hardware is good i can forgive the bad firmware if 3rd party firmware is an option.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!