What's new

D-Link’s AC2600 MU-MIMO Range Extender Now Shipping

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
dlinkdap-1860.jpg
D-Link's DAP-1860 Wi-Fi range extender is a dual-band AC2600 device that plugs directly into a wall socket.

The quad-antenna configured DAP-1860’s MU-MIMO capability allows multiple wireless clients to connect and transmit data through the extender simultaneously, while D-Link’s SmartBeam beamforming tech helps pinpoint traffic to wireless targets across the home, improving strength and throughput. Finally, the SmartConnect feature optimizes Wi-Fi connectivity by placing connected devices on the best possible wireless bands.

The DAP-1860 supports maximum link rates of 800 Mbps in 2.4 GHz and 1733 Mbps in 5 GHz. It also has a single Gigabit Ethernet port for physical connections.

Setting up the DAP-1860 can be done using extender’s WPS button, its web GUI or the free D-Link QRS mobile app. A smart signal indicator on the DAP-1860 is also provided as an additional tool to help optimize the extender’s placement.

The D-Link DAP-1860 AC2600 Wi-Fi Range Extender is available now on Amazon, Newegg and the D-Link shop for $149.99.

I have the same exender, the only flaw I found is that, the antennas below should have been placed above, just like the TP-LINK RE650, as extenders sit low already.

For me when I positioned the Antennas Upwards, I got the best signal from it, Typical V works the best when router is above the extender.

The Extender's Signal indicator is pretty good, as it divides the signal into Very weak, Weak, Good, Very Good, Best. Very few Extenders have this ability to do it.

TP-Link will either show it as Blue or a Red, so it's either weak or strong.

Best way to use this extender is to, hardwire a router to it and let the Router to do the Wifi distribution. Extenders should only be used for connecting to the main router.

EDIT: I think this is the best Plug in Type Wifi Extender available today. There are very few that come this close to doing most of what the DAP -1860 does.

Here are others which I found to be the next best:

Netgear X4s wifi extender AC2200
TP-LINK Re650 AC2600

Between the Netgear X4s and the DAP-1860, it will be a close competition, as one provides a 5 GHZ backhaul, and the latter has 4x4 MU-MIMO with 4x External Antennas.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!