What's new

D7800 new firmware 1.0.0.48 issues?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xander73

Occasional Visitor
I've recently upgraded my D7800 from 1.0.0.46 to 1.0.0.48 (via web UI firmware check/download).
After the upgrade only had Power and DSL/Internet leds solid orange, with connected LAN port led white.
Was able to ping D7800 (192.168.1.1), however no web interface.
Performed a factory reset (pin-hole), was then able to access web UI and Setup wizard started. All appeared to be ok, until I then completed the D7800 configuration and I rebooted it. The D7800 locked-up, and I was back to the Power and DSL/Internet solid oranges leds. Factory reset again, reapplied the 1.0.0.48 firmware - this time manually with downloaded firmware file. Again - locked up on reboot. Rolled back to 10.0.0.46 (erased config), and appears to be ok... (Internet configuration is using Option 61 for Sky fibre).
Anyone else having issues with their D7800 and new 10.0.0.48 firmware?

Looks like the new 1.0.0.48 updated DSL driver (to improve UK/BT performance) is not fully compatible with Sky Fibre Option 61...?
Tried another D7800 - same issue as before - unit locks-up after reboot on .48 build, required a factory reset to access it again. Rolled back to .46 build - all OK.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!