What's new

DC power adapter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hytekj

Occasional Visitor
I am looking to install an Asus 68u on a boat that primarily has 12v DC. I would like to keep the router powered without having to turn on an inverter or generator. I am assuming I need a 12v to 19v step-up converter/transformer? Do I need one that does 1.75 amps exactly or can it have more and the router will just pull 1.75? Any one have any recommendations? Also, what size is the plug that goes into the router and any idea where to source one without chopping up the one I have with the AC adapter? I can probably have a cigarette power port installed if necessary. Thank you!

Last edited:
The unit will only draw the amperage it needs so you need a supply that can deliver at least 1.75 A. If you get a larger one, it will be fine and probably run cooler. Amazon sells a number of 12v to 19v supplies like this one for $13.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W5CMH95/?tag=snbforums-20

You might want to put it in a little box with a switch however.

Sorry I cannot help with the plug size.

Just use a router that uses 12VDC. I have a WRT54G that runs off of the cig lighter socket in the car. Netgear has several that use 12VDC as well. Sure bet you plan to use a cellular modem?

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

thanks i figured out a step up converter to get me from 12v to 19v but am in search of the correct plug size now. thanks again!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!