What's new

DD-WRT on ASUS RT-N66W

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hyelton

So I picked up one of the White ones :D Got it on Sale on Amazon for $99 had a $30 Gift Card from Signing up one of there Credit cards (I`ll never use lol) and with a $10 rebate:)

Anyway Who runs DD-WRT on there RT-N66? I havent used DD-WRT almost a year now. Currently I`m running the latest Version of Merlin. But Does DD-WRT run great on this router? The last router I had WNDR3700 DD-wrt ran ok but not well. Was not very stable.

think the word is merlin performs better however latest closed source stuff is being weird, so there are preferred versions now.

i still have ddwrt on my waps, merlin on the n66r

I just want stable network transfers and WAN.

2 Things I`m hating on the stock/Merlin firmware I Miss on DD-WRT.

1.Being able to set LONG DHCP releases Like 999999 lol. And showing the releases forever under the main DD-WRT page even when the device is NOT connected.

2. The Graphs don`t delete themselves if being unplugged or rebooted.

I flashed two older routers.of mine back to factory firmware. No more 3rd party firmware.for me, way too buggy.

settings from DDWRT to ASUS RT-N66U

I have a E3000 w/ DDWRT running quite stable right now but due to increased load I am planning to swap it out with ASUS RT-N66U. Any way to take DDWRT settings and have those be migrated to ASUS RT-N66U ?

Some DDWRT features that I used:

1) I have a seperate backbone network working on 5gz band - connects to a access point that provides me coverage in other parts of my home
2) I run 1 virual guest network in addition to home network
3) I use static leases quite a bit for devices in my home network

Any suggestions on what firmware to use? Stablity is of high importance to me. The E3000 w/ DDWRT has been very stable for me, almost hesitant to swap it out but could use the extra performance of the ASUS RT-N66U.

i haven't been using the wifi on my n66r so i cant really say anything about it's stability/prformance, however i believe most of the buggyness has to do with the ac spec'd routers. how successfully it'll run as a client bridge, i don't know, however i believe that the main performance advantage asuswrt had over ddwrt was nat, but i could be wrong. point is, i always had great success using ddwrt for wifi client bridges and in this case, that's probably what i'd do.

So I picked up one of the White ones :D Got it on Sale on Amazon for $99 had a $30 Gift Card from Signing up one of there Credit cards (I`ll never use lol) and with a $10 rebate:)

Anyway Who runs DD-WRT on there RT-N66? I havent used DD-WRT almost a year now. Currently I`m running the latest Version of Merlin. But Does DD-WRT run great on this router? The last router I had WNDR3700 DD-wrt ran ok but not well. Was not very stable.

I've had a lot better results with the merlin builds that with dd-wrt on the n66. The older routers seem to do great with it. I'm using one of the experimental builds for a wireless repeater bridge that works great. Hope that helps