What's new

dd-wrt to merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

okey

Occasional Visitor
I have just purchased a RT-AC56U, but I didn't realise it has the dd-wrt firmware on it, but I want merlin on this.

Can I just flash the latest merlin firmware on this via the upgrade or is it more complicated than that.

I have just tried updating the firmware but it just stuck on please wait for about 15 mins, I unlugged it and luckily it rebooted but still on dd-wrt firmware, am I doing something wrong

I just did this recently for a rt-n66 with very old dd-wrt firmware. First did a factory reset and then upgraded it. Worked perfectly!

Bought also a second (main) router. A rt-ac86. Also upgraded to merlin. Works perfectly!

Merlin many thanks!

On the Asus GUI , firmware page there is a factory reset button.

guys, still cant get it to flash, it goes through the procedure of updating, but when it restarts its still on dd-wrt firmware gui.

i have tryed to use restoration utility by holding reset while plugging in and holding 5 sec untill blue led flashes but the utillity will not connect

firmware version on the asus is Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33413 std (09/27/17)

update, i can now get it to flash via restoration utility, but it says "failed to recover the system"

i have tryed stock firmware from asus site, and new and old merlin firmware

sorted, thanks for all your help guys, Merlin 378.55 was the one i needed to flash and now updated to latest merlin.

Thanks again guys