What's new

DDNS and LetsEncrypt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kramttocs

Occasional Visitor
UPDATE: RT-AX86U en route!

I have a domain name with GoDaddy that is managed(?) by Google Workspaces.
Currently I have the dns records in GoDaddy set to DNSExit values.
DNS-O-Matic updates DNSExist (and OpenDN).

DDNS in the R7000* router updates via DNS-O-Matic and all works great. SSL is None.

I'd like to get Let's Encrypt working though and have it all handled by the router. I don't know much at all about this but I do understand why Let's Encrypt won't work with DNS-O-Matic.

What is the best option to allow me to keep Google Workspaces, use one of the DDNS options in the router dropdown, and have Let's Encrypt work automatically?

*getting new hardware due to learning about legality

Last edited:
What program are you using??

Last edited:
This is for some applications (Home Assistant being one) that I am needing external access, which I have , but also SSL.

As a side note, I did read the FAQ before posting and sadly learned that the asuswrt I am using on my router should not be used. Had no idea.
Browsing for a new router now as I want asuswrt-merlin but I also want to be legal in it. Hope my question still stands as I am not reporting an issue but rather what is the best router controlled ddns/le given my GoDaddy domain and Google Workspaces.

I se you have modified your post and removed R7000 router.

I did - not because I am trying to hide it but rather because I am not going to be on that hardware for much longer now that I know what I know and I didn't want that to impact the discussion. Edit: I added it back with a note.

At this point, I am basically a soon to be user of asuswrt-merlin and looking for a recommendation given what I have currently with my domain and what works best with asuswrt-merlin.