What's new

DDNS from Hurricane Electric and RT-AC87U: What is the correct setup?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Oceanwatcher

New Around Here
Hi,

I have been searching and scratching my head, but I am not able to find the correct setup.

Also, checking the official manual is of no help at all.

I done this setup before, and would normally choose a DYNDNS server as HE uses the DYNDNS2 protocol as far as I know.

The DDNS server for HE should be dyn.dns.he.net as far as I know

I have set up my subdomain and it is fine. But I am getting an error when trying to update it.

Does any of you know the correct combination/setup for this? I wish ASUS would include HE as an option.

What are the differences between the different DYNDNS optioen as there is three of them?

You can't. The DynDNS options supported by Asuswrt are specifically for DynDNS. It cannot be told to connect to a different server using the same API.

So, has anyone found a way to setup DNS for HE Tunneling? I want to set up HE tunneling but when I get to the HE website to enter my IP address, I get this error:

HE Tunnel.jpg

Can someone lead me to the right direction how to setup HE IPV6 6in4 tunneling on Asus-Merlin please?

Last edited: