What's new

DDNS multiple-NAT Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Michel1973

New Around Here
Hello,

I use a Asus RT-3200 router behind my isp router that I can't setup in Bridge mode ...

I wanna use a ddns service from NO-IP.com

I have the follow error what I understand

The wireless router currently uses a private WAN IP address.
This router may be in the multiple-NAT environment and DDNS service cannot work in this environment.

I have read many post about it but seems it can be fixed with a custome script

Using a DDNS with Double NAT
If your ASUS router is double NATed behind your ISP's router, you may need to retrieve your external IP rather than using the one passed to it from the Custom DDNS settings. Find the line in your update script where the IP is used

IP=${1}

and change it to get the IP from an external source

IP=$(wget -O - -q http://myip.dnsomatic.com/)

Now is my question, i'm complete new too this kind off scripts, I know how i can access with telnet or ssh and how i can create a empty file but can someone explain me what for script i must use too change the code above ?

Thanks !

If you can't bridge the ISP modem/router, set up a reserved IP address for the 3200 that it gets on the WAN port on the ISP Modem/router. Use this same IP address and input this IP address into the ISP Modem/Routers DMZ.

I presume that the modem/routers IP address is 192.168.0.#? If so, then keep the IP address pool on the 3200 as 192.168.1.1 as they need to be different, not on the same pool.