Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

ddns_return_code=200

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by DFFRZ, Oct 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DFFRZ

DFFRZ New Around Here

"/sbin/ddns_custom_updated 1" appears to set the nvram variable ddns_return_code to a value of 200

For some reason that variable gets inexplicably cleared and/or set to "unknown_error" for no apparent reason.

Does anyone know how and when that variable gets cleared or set to a value other than 200? There are no events in the log that seem like they would cause this.

In my custom DDNS update script on my RT-AC68P, I'm relying on that variable being set to 200 to know that the previous DDNS update was successful.

2. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

Do you have any DDNS service configured on the webui itself? That could override it.

3. DFFRZ

DFFRZ New Around Here

Yes, I have the DDNS Client enabled in the webui and server set to custom.

However, this variable gets set to a value other than "200", multiple times during the day when I'm not logged into the webui.

4. RMerlin

RMerlin Part of the Furniture

Check ddns_return_code_chk instead of ddns_return_code. I believe ddns_return_code gets set every time a check occured, while the chk one would be more permanent.

5. DFFRZ

DFFRZ New Around Here

Ok, thank you.