Debian and Entware apps not working - ASUS RT-AC68U

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

hytgonra

New Around Here
I am trying to set up a few services. Only 1 time got all things working and each, I do the same thing using tutorials.
Right now installed Optware apps only and its not laggy. I think there is some issue with file location after installation, but have no idea how to check it.

hytgonra

New Around Here
After each new implementation, I do restart of the router. Also installing apps on optware. Works so far

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
You either have Optware installed or Entware, you can't have both installed at the same time. You can't install Debian apps unless you have Debian installed on the router.

hytgonra

New Around Here
Thanks
one more question - whats best to use for Optware/Debian packages? Regular HDD, SSD or Pendrive and why?

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
That would depend entirely on what packages you want to install and how you are using them. Obviously HDDs and SDDs are much faster and have greater capacities but that may not be necessary for your usage.