What's new

Dedicated modem to run with my nighthawk mesh system

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

robbiegwa

New Around Here
Hi All,

I recently got a Nighthawk Mesh MK63 WiFi 6 system and was wondering if someone has this system and what modem they use with it?

I currently have an ASUS AC68U but I can't get the bridge mode to work on it. As such, I'm looking at a dedicated modem option.

Regards,
Rob

Hi All,

I recently got a Nighthawk Mesh MK63 WiFi 6 system and was wondering if someone has this system and what modem they use with it?

I currently have an ASUS AC68U but I can't get the bridge mode to work on it. As such, I'm looking at a dedicated modem option.

Regards,
Rob

Review your ISP's 'authorized modems list' and shop for one of those or ask them for a free modem.

The ASUS RT-AC68U is a wireless router with no modem function. You can use it as a wireless router/AP or as a wired AP or as a wired/wireless AiMesh node, etc... but not as a modem.

OE

Last edited:
Review your ISP's 'authorized modems list' and shop for one of those or ask them for free modem.

The ASUS RT-AC68U is a wireless router with no modem function. You can use it as a wireless router/AP or as a wired AP or as a wired/wireless AiMesh node, etc... but not as a modem.

OE

Hi OE,

I have the DSL-AC68U, not the RT version.

Yeah, I'll have a look on their website, thanks.