What's new

Default settings for MU-MIMO, Beamforming, AT fairness

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joboo7777

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

Could someone tell me what the default settings are for MU-MIMO, Beamforming, Airtime fairness in the latest ASUS Firmware for a AC3100 router?

Thanks

Hello,

Could someone tell me what the default settings are for MU-MIMO, Beamforming, Airtime fairness in the latest ASUS Firmware for a AC3100 router?

Thanks

All enabled by default on an 86U... likely the same on an AC3100.

OE

Speaking of mu-mimo...why do folks here recommend disabling this feature when they're having wifi issues? Isn't this a new feature why ppl are buying new routers for? To use mimo because of the benefits.

Speaking of mu-mimo...why do folks here recommend disabling this feature when they're having wifi issues? Isn't this a new feature why ppl are buying new routers for? To use mimo because of the benefits.

Because some clients may have compatibility issues with it. When troubleshooting, reduce the amount of advanced features to a bare minimum.

MU-MIMO has been shown to barely bring any improvement anyway, and mostly at mid-range.

this is mind-bogglin'!
i truly appreciate the dialog here.

fwiw, i was running fine in stock mode with all these items enabled. i had a low signal on the 5g band for 1 ac client, so i ran 2.4 there which was ok. on a goof, i adjusted the antenna, and BOOM, signal was where it needed to be so back to 5g and the diff in throughput was significant.

started reading this forum to learn more. got happy and decided to mess with what was working WELL by disabling these settings. big mistake. signal strength has not been the same even now that i'm back at stock. i will not make that mistake again!
for my needs, still and by far the best router i've ever owned. clients: 1 - g, several - n and 3 - ac.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!