What's new

Delay in 5ghz SSID's displaying

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rstark18

Occasional Visitor
Something that has annoyed me for a while on my home network is that while viewing my list of available networks on ALL my iOS devices I get a delay with the 5ghz SSID's. Both of my 2.4ghz networks show instantly and my two 5ghz networks take up to 5 seconds to show up. There are no conflicts within the network setups (channels) and all four SSID's are named differently.
I have two routers, E3000 and a RT-N66U. Both run Shibby.
It's been this way for as long as I can remember and I've never run the stock firmware so I don't know if it's a Tomato issue.
The settings are mostly default and I've done many nvram resets throughout the years.
Maybe there are some settings that would correct this issue?
Any ideas?

Something that has annoyed me for a while on my home network is that while viewing my list of available networks on ALL my iOS devices I get a delay with the 5ghz SSID's. Both of my 2.4ghz networks show instantly and my two 5ghz networks take up to 5 seconds to show up. There are no conflicts within the network setups (channels) and all four SSID's are named differently.
I have two routers, E3000 and a RT-N66U. Both run Shibby.
It's been this way for as long as I can remember and I've never run the stock firmware so I don't know if it's a Tomato issue.
The settings are mostly default and I've done many nvram resets throughout the years.
Maybe there are some settings that would correct this issue?
Any ideas?
I have this same problem with a couple of EnGenius APs myself - but in my case it only seems to be an issue with bandsteering. If I connect to discrete 2.4 or 5ghz SSIDs they appear almost instantly.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk