What's new

Delayed Connections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chrismsales

Occasional Visitor
A few weeks ago we started having strange issues with our internet connection. Hardwired devices (firestick streaming devices) would turn on showing no connection but then would start acting correctly. Then we started seeing issues with web pages loading slowly and my work zoom calls would show a weak connection when first joining a call. We’ve never had issues with streaming and now we have constant buffering issues even though the devices are connected via Ethernet.

We have cable with 500 download and most devices are connected via Ethernet as we have drops in every room. I recently replaced my ASUS GT 5300 thinking it was my router but has not made any difference at all. Replaced my modem, network switch and cables as well and the ISP shows a signal solid connection from their end. Plugging straight into the modem gets the same delayed or slowly loading results.

Running checks via Speedtest.net shows our correct speeds but the strange thing is it takes a second or two for the speeds to get to the correct speed, there is like a delay getting going for some reason. Any ideas what might be going on here?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!