What's new

Deluge for dsl ac88u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pavlfz

Occasional Visitor
Hello, I wonder if anyone might be able to help. I've got a dsl ac88u, and amongst all the firmware issues I've got an issue with download master. So, I'd like to try to install deluge or transmission on the SSD that download master is currently running on.

I'm running the router on the latest beta 583 which allows for telnet. However, when I've tried to install anything on it using telnet I've drawn a blank. First of all I tried to do the install and then uninstall DM in order to have optware, but that didn't work, ipkg command wasn't recognised. I also tried to install NG optware following the instructions here but that didn't work either.

Obviously I've no real idea what I'm doing! So, before I keep trying I wonder if anyone can tell me that what I'm trying to do is actually possible.

I want to install Deluge or Transmission onto an SSD formatted to ext3 using telnet on a dsl ac88u.

If it is possible is there an idiot's guide anywhere?