What's new

Device in Client List BUT NOT Traffic Analyzer Client List

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Adam Siemiginowski

Occasional Visitor
I have several devices listed on my Network Map Client List BUT NOT my Traffic Analyzer Client List. Some of them have a Fixed IP in the DHCP Server by MAC Address.

To be specific...

This is a thermal printer which often loses connection, and I am trying to identify why - with a combination of Adaptive QoS (related thread) and Airtime Fairness (related thread).

I don't think the QoS can recognize the traffic, or the device, and I'm exploring why that may be.

NOTE: These devices did use the network with successful connections and results during the period recorded by the Traffic Analyzer.

upload_2017-9-3_15-11-59.png

upload_2017-9-3_15-13-27.png

The traffic analyzer only monitors data coming in and going out to the internet over the WAN interface, not local network traffic. Your printers are not appearing on the list because your printers are not receiving data from outside of your local network.

The icon in the first image shows this printer is wired. Look to an issue with the LAN cable or check the printer firmware. Might also be a sleep setting in the printer. Likely not a router issue.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

The icon in the first image shows this printer is wired. Look to an issue with the LAN cable or check the printer firmware. Might also be a sleep setting in the printer. Likely not a router issue.

The printer is wired - to an Access Point - with a new Ethernet cable. We experienced the same issue with the printer operating via 2.4Ghz with a wireless card - via a hard-wired Repeater. HENCE - we setup a new Access Point with a new Ethernet cable - to no avail.

I have contacted the printer manufacturer - Citizen CT-S601 - for the latest firmware - and about the possibility of a failing LAN Board on the printer.

I have two other printers of the same model - which do experience this error occasionally - but not as frequently.

1st Printer) Hardwired to Router (RT-AC87U) - a few episodes of failed connectivity
2nd Printer) Hardwired to Access Point (RT-AC5300) - very, very stable
3rd Printer - of note in this thread) Hardware to Access Point (RT-AC88U hardwired via RT-AC5300) - fails 4-5 times per week, and returns when the power is cycled off-on for 10 seconds.

All three printers have their IP fixed by the Router DHCP Tables by MAC address.

I'm struggling to identify if this printer is being boxed out of connection on the LAN - I do not have much capability to monitor the LAN traffic or limitations - and this does appear to fail during our peak traffic period - in a restaurant - around 6 or 7pm. This may be because thats when we attempt to send more tickets - or this may be because that is when there are more devices on our open network. Still, we're only seeing about 50 clients per day on the network - most people do not connect to it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!