Devices connected to Yazfi guest ssid -- how to find/monitor them?

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

new_berlin

Occasional Visitor
I managed get a YazFi based guest ssid running and have a bunch of devices working properly. That said, I appear to no longer have visibility into the various (guest ssid connected) devices and their status i .e. whether they are connected to my network, their IP addresses, their mac-ids etc.

Am I missing something or is there a way/place to find and monitor devices connected to the guest network in the router gui? If not in router gui, is there another script/tool to view them?

I am running merlin 386.1 on ac-68.

TIA.

paulml

New Around Here
Seconded. I remember trying yazfi before as well but couldn’t find the same function as OP. Wondering if it’s available now..

bennor

Regular Contributor
One can view YazFi connected clients on the wireless log tab in the gui's system log section.

Edit to add: or use ssh to view all connected devices Including YazFi clients by issuing: cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

I use a bat file on my windows desktop to call plink and issue that cat command. Example bat file:

Code:
plink.exe -ssh -l <router login name> -pw <router password> <router IP address> cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

PAUSE

Last edited:

CaptainSTX

Part of the Furniture
Go into logs and look at what is connected to each SSIDs and/or look at DHCP leases.

new_berlin

Occasional Visitor
One can view YazFi connected clients on the wireless log tab in the gui's system log section.

Edit to add: or use ssh to view all connected devices Including YazFi clients by issuing: cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

I use a bat file on my windows desktop to call plink and issue that cat command. Example bat file:

Code:
plink.exe -ssh -l <router login name> -pw <router password> <router IP address> cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

PAUSE
Thank you! Indeed I do see them in system-log---wireless-log. Also noted your additional viewing tips.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!