What's new

devolo powerline 1200+

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

armand

Occasional Visitor
Since I bought the devolo dlan 1200+ and moved my wireless to a more central position in the house, internet is generally better but a few times per hour even internet will just hang. I have no idea how to even find out what the problem is or how to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Since I bought the devolo dlan 1200+ and moved my wireless to a more central position in the house, internet is generally better but a few times per hour even internet will just hang. I have no idea how to even find out what the problem is or how to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas?

connect computer that falters by cat5 ethernet to router. Run it for enough hours to convince yourself that the devolo is at fault.

Have you tried different power plugs for the devolo's at both ends? Do you have more than two devolo's?

Does a load come on inside or outside your house when the internet hangs?

Do you have the devolo's on a power strip?

Can you monitor the devolo's connection before / during these hangs? Does the connection drop or falter, or is the issue elsewhere? Like your modem, for example?

Turn off, for at least half an hour, all network devices including all your clients and turn them on in this order:

ISP's modem. Wait for five minutes for it to fully boot up.

Plug in the devolo's, one that connects to the modem and the other one that connects to the router. Wait for five minutes.

Power up the router. Wait for 5 minutes.

Now, power up your clients.