What's new

DFS channels question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dent

Occasional Visitor
I have an N66U setup in AP mode (hardwired to an 86U). I have the N66U set to channel 52 which I know is a DFS channel. I chose this channel manually so it is fixed at channel 52 and is not set on Auto channel mode. What happens if a radar signal is detected? The way I understand it is if I had the N66U set for Auto channel and it happened to choose channel 52, but then a radar signal was detected, the router would automatically switch to another DFS channel or perhaps a non-DFS channel which would make sense if Auto channel was chosen. In my case it is not set to Auto channel so would it still auto switch to another DFS channel or non-DFS channel or would it just stop broadcasting for 30 minutes?

Yes, it will switch to another channel.

In my experience it seems to change to a non-DFS channel (36-48), but I can't recall whether that's always the case.