What's new

DFS kick question AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

willyburz

Had my AX86U locked on ch.44 and locked 160 hz. Just noticed it's at 149 and 80hz... I'm guessing it was a rando dfs bump, but have never seen it kick before when locked. If it happens like this, I take it it's up to me to go back in and hard lock again? I'm guessing it won't go back to my setting?

Had my AX86U locked on ch.44 and locked 160 hz. Just noticed it's at 149 and 80hz... I'm guessing it was a rando dfs bump, but have never seen it kick before when locked. If it happens like this, I take it it's up to me to go back in and hard lock again? I'm guessing it won't go back to my setting?
No, RADAR will still bounce the 5 GHz settings. On the lower channels you will get into DFS channels at 160 MHz even locked to ch 36 or 44.

Try Auto Channel at 20, 40, 80, 160 MHz. Let the router choose the best channel. The bandwidth will run at 80 MHz most of the time and jump to 160 MHz when an AX client connects. I have had great success with this on Asus or Merlin firmware. Do not get runs drops or errors either! Happy family, happy router!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!