What's new

DHCP Conflicts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dudadiesel

New Around Here
Is there a way to set the Asus 86U router so that only a certain range of IP addresses can be assigned via DHCP? I'm running into an issue where some static IP devices can get faulty power supplies and then end up in a fight with a DHCP device that decided to steal its IP address while the static one was off. MAC address binding isn't a good solution as there's over 64 static IP devices on the network. So I'm hoping I can just set the router to only pull DHCP IPs from a certain pool of IPs that I won't ever use for static IP devices.

Yes, that's basic stock functionality under LAN / DHCP Server / IP Pool Starting Address & IP Pool Ending address.

If you want to pick and choose which non-contiguous IPs are in or out of the DHCP pool, that's not so easy. But it all starts with limiting the DHCP pool away from the range of IPs you assign statically.

Well that was a stupid easy fix. And I even knew about this but for some reason thought it was related to all IPs allowed rather than just DHCP. It's under DHCP, duh! Thanks! All is well now.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!