1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

DHCP Conflicts

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by dudadiesel, Dec 9, 2019.

1. dudadiesel

dudadiesel New Around Here

Is there a way to set the Asus 86U router so that only a certain range of IP addresses can be assigned via DHCP? I'm running into an issue where some static IP devices can get faulty power supplies and then end up in a fight with a DHCP device that decided to steal its IP address while the static one was off. MAC address binding isn't a good solution as there's over 64 static IP devices on the network. So I'm hoping I can just set the router to only pull DHCP IPs from a certain pool of IPs that I won't ever use for static IP devices.

2. dave14305

dave14305 Part of the Furniture

Yes, that's basic stock functionality under LAN / DHCP Server / IP Pool Starting Address & IP Pool Ending address.

If you want to pick and choose which non-contiguous IPs are in or out of the DHCP pool, that's not so easy. But it all starts with limiting the DHCP pool away from the range of IPs you assign statically.

3. dudadiesel

dudadiesel New Around Here

Well that was a stupid easy fix. And I even knew about this but for some reason thought it was related to all IPs allowed rather than just DHCP. It's under DHCP, duh! Thanks! All is well now.

dave14305 likes this.