What's new

DHCP Manually Assigned IP-No Data in Table

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

justanothercog

New Around Here
I'm running a fairly new AX-88U and moved configuration information over from a AC-88U about 2 months ago. Both are/were running the latest Merlin firmware (now 384.17_0 on the AX). The problem is that the list of manually assigned IP addresses says "No data in table". However, the list of shows many of the static address devices that were previously set. Other devices don't show at all anymore in the Network Map even though I can login to those devices, knowing the static IP address I had set before.
- How can I get the static list to populate on the DHCP page?
- How can I get all active network devices to show up on the "Clients" and "View list" in the Network Map?
If I try and set a new static IP for a device, it never takes, nor is it displayed.

I'm running a fairly new AX-88U and moved configuration information over from a AC-88U about 2 months ago. Both are/were running the latest Merlin firmware (now 384.17_0 on the AX). The problem is that the list of manually assigned IP addresses says "No data in table". However, the list of shows many of the static address devices that were previously set. Other devices don't show at all anymore in the Network Map even though I can login to those devices, knowing the static IP address I had set before.
- How can I get the static list to populate on the DHCP page?
- How can I get all active network devices to show up on the "Clients" and "View list" in the Network Map?
If I try and set a new static IP for a device, it never takes, nor is it displayed.
CAVEAT: I am on OEM FW

Just out of curiosity, have you tried rebooting the router or power-cycling it?

Did you use Network Map > (Client button) > Client Status > (device) > MAC and IP Address Binding on-off slider to set these? If you use that feature instead of LAN > DHCP Server > Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP List (Max Limit: 64) the clients will not appear in the DHCP List, and they will flag differently in Network Map > View List (they will display as "Manual" vs. the "Static" flag used for those done in the DHCP List).

If you are assigning the static IPs on the device it isn't unusual for them not to appear in the list of clients since the router isn't assigning them an IP nor are the devices ever requesting one.

If you want to see them in your lists then in addition to assigning the IP on the device (which some devices require) also assign the same static IP to them on the router. I have done that with a repurposed router I am using as a switch. I needed to assign the IP both places to keep track of the device as it is on a VLAN so I can't ping it or sign into it without plugging a cable into it to be sure it is still functioning.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!