What's new

DHCP QUERY FREQ - FIOS - Dropped packets?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Xrsenal

Hey all, so over the past few days I was struggling to determine why my gig fiber line felt like crap when gaming. Lagging, disconnection , the game not feeling smooth.

I switched the option for the frequency to Normal instead of aggressive and now everything feels…. Great?

is it possible that fios was blocking some packets or rejecting them Bc of the frequency rate?

is it possible that fios was blocking some packets or rejecting them Bc of the frequency rate?
No. That setting only effects how the router obtains or renews its WAN IP address. At all other times it doesn't do anything at all.

No. That setting only effects how the router obtains or renews its WAN IP address. At all other times it doesn't do anything at all.
From what I’ve heard on the forums, Fios doesn’t tend to play nice in anyway with the aggressive setting… just wondering if they would block packets — Bc I do get connection interrupted for 2-4 seconds every few hours

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!