What's new

DHCP Renew

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SpookyTunes

New Around Here
I upgraded from stock ASUS firmware to Merlin and an old DHCP bug I once had came back.
My ISP (RCN) gives me a 7 day DHCP lease. After 14 days of uptime (to the minute) I loose internet.
I have reverted my RT-AC1900P back to stock for now and it's gone.

I first had this happen with an old Linksys WRT310N on TWC. The option to renew would fail, but release and renew would work. I fixed it by upgrading to DD-WRT firmware.
Then I switched to RCN and it came back. I resolved it by flashing back to stock to fix it for this ISP.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Does not sound right. With a 7 day lease it should renew in 3.5 days. Set DHCP to agressive?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

The option to renew would fail, but release and renew would work.
First step (having learned this myself recently) is to completely reset the router and configuring MANUALLY when changing the firmware as it often resolves this sort of issue. Second, you could schedule a weekly router reboot through the GUI if the issue persists (although I suspect it won't) after the reconfigure.

M&M Config and other useful links https://www.snbforums.com/members/l-ld.24423/#info

First step (having learned this myself recently) is to completely reset the router and configuring MANUALLY when changing the firmware as it often resolves this sort of issue. Second, you could schedule a weekly router reboot through the GUI if the issue persists (although I suspect it won't) after the reconfigure.

M&M Config and other useful links https://www.snbforums.com/members/l-ld.24423/#info

The router was factory reset before and after I flashed the firmware. The setup was done manually as well.

I did see this in the logs;

Jun 2 14:55:49 lldpd[329]: removal request for address of w.x.y.z%4, but no knowledge of it

after I bring down and back up the WAN;

Jun 2 14:56:17 dhcp_client: bound w.x.y.z via w.x.y.1 during 604800 seconds.

Could it be a BROADCAST vs UNICAST issue since a RELEASE, then RENEW works?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!