1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Did I set up a Kill Switch on AsusWRT Merlin software correctly?

Discussion in 'VPN' started by matthewwashere, Jun 23, 2018.

1. matthewwashere

matthewwashere New Around Here

First of all, thank you so much for taking a moment to read this and help set me at ease and perhaps reassure me or even let me know if I did something wrong here, I really do appreciate it a lot

I followed tutorials in here as best I could and it seems I have the VPN set up securely and it's functioning well.

The only thing I'm not absolutely certain on is if my kill switch feature is enabled properly and I'm not sure how to test it to make sure it is. Idk how I'd make the VPN go down just to test my kill switch and I can't wait for it to naturally happen haha

When I type "192.168.1.1" that allows me to access my router configuration settings, so that's my entire network address right? If the VPN goes down, I want nothing to have access. I don't want to pick and choose individual devices to not have access, I want nothing to have access. So I used that as the ''source IP''.

Does everything look correct in the screen shot I provided?

Attached Files:

2. Vince

Vince Occasional Visitor

with source ip 192.168.1.1 you are blocking your router try
    192.168.1.0/24 to VPN thats blocking all clients and
    192.168.1.1 to WAN preventing some other possible problems

upload_2018-6-23_21-50-59.png

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    matthewwashere likes this.
  3. matthewwashere

matthewwashere New Around Here

Done,