What's new

Difference between version names

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

poudenes

Occasional Visitor
Hi All,

I have a Asus GT AX 11000 ROG. When there is a new firmware I see 2 different files:

GT-AX11000_3004_388.5_0_rog_ubi.w
GT-AX11000_3004_388.5_0_ubi.w

Can someone tell me the difference?
I always install "GT-AX11000_3004_388.5_0_ubi.w"

Thanks,
Peter

The "rog" firmware has the GUI that normally comes with Asus' "gamer" routers. RMerlin provides it on an "as is" basis. It is not supported and will likely not be provided in the future. If you flash the non-rog version of the firmware you'll get the fully supported "traditional" UI.

Last edited:
HI There @ColinTaylor,

Sorry for the very late reply. Got corona and went sick for couple of weeks.
Im not a 'gamer' I don't use the for example 'game' options in the GT AX11000. Will it be better to firmware the router with the 'GT-AX11000_xxxxxxx_ubi.w'
Less memory in use. Now using some AMTM tools like Skynet and Division.

HI There @ColinTaylor,

Sorry for the very late reply. Got corona and went sick for couple of weeks.
Im not a 'gamer' I don't use the for example 'game' options in the GT AX11000. Will it be better to firmware the router with the 'GT-AX11000_xxxxxxx_ubi.w'
Less memory in use. Now using some AMTM tools like Skynet and Division.
If you're using Merlin's firmware then I suggest you stick with the normal, non-rog version for maximum compatibility.

I have installed the 'GT-AX11000_3004_388.6_0_ubi.w' since 20-01-2024. See those screens. That's makes me little confused.
Will those still visible or did I something wrong in the first beginning of using the Asus Merlin Firmware.

But the original Guide had everywhere same red colour layout. And now more basic. That's the difference?

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 17.55.09.png

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 17.55.18.png

Last edited:
Can someone tell me the difference?
ROG (Republic of Gamers) interface verses the regular router interface. Some comments from RMerlin on the ROG interface.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...ow-available-for-ac-models.82796/#post-814397
Just a different UI. It has a few gamer-centric features (such as reporting the ping time to various game servers), but these are largely visual-only differences.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...le-for-wifi-6-models.84139/page-5#post-829947
RMerlin said:
I don't really test the ROG UI, so I can't guarantee that it's fully working.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!