What's new

Differences between 380.X and 382.X

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stardust

Regular Contributor
Hey all.

I have tried to find out what is the differences between Melins 380.x and 382 firmware? Is it depending om the router? Or are there an general explanation?

Regards

382 is based on newer code that Asus is switching their routers over to. They are slowly supporting most of their models with the newer code.

More information here:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-project-update.41065/

Basically, 382.xx is what comes after 380.xx, Asus simply bumped the version number because of the numerous changes. If you look at the changelog for Asus's 382_18881 recently released for the RT-AC68U, it will give you a hint as to what was changed since 380_7743, the previous 380 release for that model.

A lot of the changes are under the hood however, like better protection against buffer overrun through nvram values, the new Trend Micro engine, etc...

It seems to me that upgrading to your version of 382.X are worth the time... I have read much lately in here so I wait.......

In 382.x if someone use dual wan then Adaptive QoS, AiProtection, statistic are disabled. Is it permanent or will it be working like in 380.x?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!