What's new

Different client IP to be able to connect to corporate VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

terminator

Regular Contributor
My Router RT-AC86u is 10.1.1.1 and assigns IP from 10.1.1.100 to 10.1.1.200. I have a lot of settings and apps pointing to IP addresses so I don't want to change this.

I have to use Cisco Anyconnect (from a PC) to connect to my work at I don't know what it's internal IP is but it gives out DHCP IPs in the range of 10.100.x.x. This causes some conflicts and the Cisco VPN client can't connect with an error "The VPN client was unable to successfully verify the IP forwarding table modifications". My guess it because they both start with 10.x.x.x.

My solution so far has been to have another old dlink router after the main RT-AC86u that gives out IP address in the range of 20.1.1.100-20.1.1.200 to cause double NAT. If I connect my PC to this WiFi, it works. But I would like to avoid running another device for this purpose (and another WiFi SSID which I don't think I can avoid in any case which is fine).

Using any of the plugins or add-ons like enhanced guest network do you know if I can broadcast or assign a non 10.x.x.x IP address to the client if the main router is 10.1.1.1?

Last edited:
There really shouldn't be any conflict between the 10.x.y.z address ranges unless one end or the other is using a network mask of 255.128.0.0 (/9) or larger.

There are some reports of that error message for Mac users. Are you using a Mac?

There really shouldn't be any conflict between the 10.x.y.z address ranges unless one end or the other is using a network mask of 255.128.0.0 (/9) or larger.

There are some reports of that error message for Mac users. Are you using a Mac?

Yup, using Mac.

When you connect successfully using your other router try looking at the routing table on the PC to see the size of the subnets it's created.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!