What's new

Different power adapter for RT-AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kapekohicafe

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Sorry if i posted in a wrong thread.

I recently bought RT-AX86U and it's a little odd that i get a different power adapter compare to what i saw in all unboxing videos available. I got a power adapter without the ASUS logo on it.
Am i the only one who got a generic one?

Thank you!
Kohi

I have 2 RT-AX86U's bought from Amazon [made in Vietnam] - no Asus logo on power supplies ... instead this one ....

20210108_083625.jpg

Box sealed at time of supply - no reason to suspect tampering.

Ah! thank you very much. I can now rest my mind :D However, mine was made in china.. :|
this helps me so much as I thought that my product might be a counterfeit.

by the way, we have the same power adapter. Mine is an AcBel one as well. How is it though, working fine?

I have 2 RT-AX86U's bought from Amazon [made in Vietnam] - no Asus logo on power supplies ... instead this one ....

View attachment 29222

Box sealed at time of supply - no reason to suspect tampering.

Just wanted to ask if you have tested your rt-ax86u with iper3? I want to know if i am getting the right data rate.

Ah! thank you very much. I can now rest my mind :D However, mine was made in china.. :|
this helps me so much as I thought that my product might be a counterfeit.

by the way, we have the same power adapter. Mine is an AcBel one as well. How is it though, working fine?

Working perfectly - but as you will see from my signature - I am running stock firmware from Asus.
I will switch to RMerlin firmware as soon as he releases a stable 386 firmware.
The AcBel is indeed made in China - but the AX86U is made in Vietnam.

Just wanted to ask if you have tested your rt-ax86u with iper3? I want to know if i am getting the right data rate.

No - I have not done any iperf3 testing - happy with DSLreports test on the WAN and have fully enjoyed the LAN throughput on all devices :D.

Working perfectly - but as you will see from my signature - I am running stock firmware from Asus.
I will switch to RMerlin firmware as soon as he releases a stable 386 firmware.
The AcBel is indeed made in China - but the AX86U is made in Vietnam.

No - I have not done any iperf3 testing - happy with DSLreports test on the WAN and have fully enjoyed the LAN throughput on all devices :D.

Yeah me too still enjoying the stock firmware but will definitely switch to rmerlin soon. just familiarizing myself with asuswrt right now.

thanks man! really appreciate it!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!