What's new

Difficult requirements: AC single-band 5ghz RP-SMA antennas

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

schonzen

New Around Here
I'm looking for an AC WiFi Router with single-band 5ghz antennas.

3x3 or greater would be nice but I'd be interested in any 2x2s that are setup like this as well.

I also want it to be able to run dd-wrt or tomato or another non-stock firmware, this might sway my opinion from one device to another.

If I can't find anything I'll start looking for ones with 5ghz-only u.FL connectors inside and drill holes to mount RP-SMA on the case, I did this with an old dual band N netgear that had anemic internal 5ghz antennas, it made a world of difference and was completely reverseable except for the holes, *shrug*.

I'm really looking for a flexible device I can use as a bridge and/or an extender with a 5ghz backhaul. I'd be doing this inside a building with an exterior antenna in situations that are just too close to bother with PtP links 40-200 feet but sheet metal walls and/or Mylar installation kills wifi signal.

I know alot of you on here have had ALOT of different WiFi routers in your hands, so I'm hoping you can think of or remember one because I'm having a hard time finding any.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!