What's new

DIR-655 vs DIR-825, which one?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ahchek

New Around Here
Hello,

I'm looking for a wireless router to replace my faulty 4300. My priority is to cover better range/distance. DIR-655 appeared in 2006, but seems it still perform better than DIR-825 in range covering..

I have little knowledge in networking and router and would appreciate any kind advise and comments please.

Thanks.

go to the Wireless Chart, select the two products and click the Performance Table button to get a comparison of our tests. You'll see the 825 did slightly better than the 655.

You know that the 825 is dual-band, correct?

go to the Wireless Chart, select the two products and click the Performance Table button to get a comparison of our tests. You'll see the 825 did slightly better than the 655.

You know that the 825 is dual-band, correct?

I am looking for a replacement for my DIR615 because it doesn't have GigaLan and the connection becomes unstable when my uTorrent is downloading at higher speed...
After some researching, both 655 and 825 seem good.
From the chart, 655 have higher max. connection, does it mean that it's better choice if I use BT a lot ?

thanks

Last edited:
The more simultaneous connections a product can handle the better it may be for Torrents. But if you try to allow too many connections and download too many Torrents simultaneously, you can still run into problems.

And yes, the 655 should be better than the 825 for Torrenting.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!