What's new

Double Nat Port forwarding (UPNP works too)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sachb

Hello fellow mates , For the past couple of days I've been trying to Open Blocked ports for Bitcomet app on my DLINk DIR 850L Router.

I've tried all the settings :

1) UPNP Enabled , No Port Forwarding , No Virtual server
2) UPNP Disabled , Port Forwarding enabled, No virtual Server
3) UPNP Disabled , No Port forwarding , Virtual server Enabled.

On my asus router all the ports are open and even on my extender, but somehow i'm unable to configure this stubborn router which won't let me use Bitcomet properly and always shows Port Blocked (In yellow) only with this DLINK 850L router.

Here is the Diagrammatic Configuration of my setup :

tgnW182.png

Even on my Friend's router which is DLINK obviously , he couldn't Port Forward. Actually enabling UPNP by itself should forward ports. So my question is How do i make Bitcome to show in Green ?? Are all DLINK routers bugged with this problem?

My DLINK DIR 605 could Port Forward it properly.

UPDATE: After years and years of trial of different methods of configuring the router, I finally managed to open ports in DOUBLE NAT configuration. Anyone can do this.

The fix is to configure the first router to send all the incoming request to second router using DMZ server.

Basically, adding the 2nd router's IP assigned, to the DMZ server. For me in this configuration UPNP works in Double nat too.

Also one thing I did was to Reserve the IP address of my 2nd router, as DHCP assigns new IP address every time you reconnect.

Last edited:
This is a 4-year-old thread, those who have this sort of issue with Bitcomet, a simple fix was selecting an option "Closing ports on Exit"' and reconnecting to the 2nd router.

I have Finally managed to Fix this issue by using the DMZ function on the First router. Although my router is R7800, and Dlink Dir 850L is my 2nd router which is connected via Dlink DAP 1860.

Solution: Adding the 2nd router's Assigned IP to 1st Router on DMZ. So basically what I did was configuring my First router by adding the 2nd router's IP address on the DMZ.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!