What's new

Disable blocking hosts?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

urbanracer34

Occasional Visitor
I need to access an .is domain website. If I use the default router's DNS, it blocks it:

Code:
;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
bad-nameservers.host.dtq. 1    IN    SOA    need.to.know.only. hostmaster.deteque.com. 1678327561 300 60 432000 60

;; Query time: 10 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.1.1#53(192.168.1.1)
;; WHEN: Wed Mar 08 20:11:04 CST 2023
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 143

If I use google DNS, it allows me to access the site right away.

How can I disable this blocking?

Last edited:
What's the default DNS? I'm assuming you are talking about an Asus router running Asuswrt. Change DNS servers in WAN to another public DNS not blocking what you need and make sure you have Parental Controls set correctly, if used. There is nothing else you can do on your router.

What's the default DNS? I'm assuming you are talking about an Asus router running Asuswrt. Change DNS servers in WAN to another public DNS not blocking what you need and make sure you have Parental Controls set correctly, if used. There is nothing else you can do on your router.
I don't know which the Default DNS was set to, but I changed the DNS on the router to Google and it worked right away.

Default DNS or "Get the DNS IP from your ISP automatically" setting is your ISP DNS server. They perhaps have some filtering applied.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!