What's new

Disable DNS Rebind Protection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

asusphile81

New Around Here
Hello

Is there a config file we can edit to disable DNS Rebind Protection. Currently running firmware 380.69. This is in order to use private dns server address.

Thank you in advance

I'll have to leave it up to you as to what the appropriate command would be. But yes, it's /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.config.add if you're just adding a new line to the config file (and enable it at Administration -> System).

EDIT: It looks like rebind-domain-ok requires a domain name not an IP address.

I'll have to leave it up to you as to what the appropriate command would be. But yes, it's /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.config.add if you're just adding a new line to the config file (and enable it at Administration -> System).

EDIT: It looks like rebind-domain-ok requires a domain name not an IP address.

I believe you are correct. In this case is there a way to allow private ip range to rebind? Im trying to use pi-hole to be my dns

I'm assuming (because I've never tried it) that you just give it the domain name associated with your local network. That would seem logical, after all a DNS server's job is to resolve domain names.

Can't one just go under "Advanced Settings/LAN" and set the DNS server there?

Seems a lot easier that diving into the CLI...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-01-13 at 2.53.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-01-13 at 2.53.42 PM.png
    208.8 KB · Views: 2,265

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!