What's new

Disable link aggregation/LACP on RT-AC68U & QNAP LACP setting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jo Sidarta

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have followed this wiki to enable link aggregation/LACP on RT-AC68U and connect it with QNAP TS-453be (by following this instruction).

I have started to notice strange things (unable to access the NAS and some of the services are failed to run/inaccessible from local network) - Note: I used Layer 2+3 in the QNAP setting (not sure whether this is the one that could have caused it).

The question I have is, in the wiki, it stated the following:
nvram set vlan4ports="3 5t"
nvram set vlan5ports="4 5t"
nvram set vlan4hwname=et0
nvram set vlan5hwname=et0
nvram commit

To revert it back to original state (so that I can connect non LACP connection to port 4 & 5, what should I put in the config there?

Thanks heaps!

Those variables don't exist/aren't used in the normal firmware therefore I'd have thought they would have no effect once you have removed all the custom scripts. However, if you want to tidy things up just remove them as follows:
Code:
nvram unset vlan4ports
nvram unset vlan5ports
nvram unset vlan4hwname
nvram unset vlan5hwname
nvram commit

Last edited:
I cant find the link that I read a while ago. However the problem was that the ac68u did not have the cpu power to actually make that link any faster. As the ac68u has to use cpu to translate the packets because there is no hardware for it. I run a QNAP on a managed switch similar to your situation with bonded interfaces. The speed is great between the wired clients. However sending larger files over wifi I can max out the CPU on the ac68u very easily with only one gigabit connection going to that router.

IMHO I don't think that you will find any increase in speed and may in fact find a decrease in overall performance.

Last edited:
Code:
nvram unset vlan4ports
nvram unset vlan5ports
nvram unset vlan4hwname
nvram unset vlan5hwname
nvram commit
Thank you for the code, appreciate it!

IMHO I don't think that you will find any increase in speed and may in fact find a decrease in overall performance.
Thanks for your input, I was thinking to increase the bandwidth so that multiple users in the house can do things simultaneously; but I find it created more problem than I would have expected.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!