What's new

Disable physical Wifi button on GT-AX11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gommm

Occasional Visitor
I have a small child who delights in pressing buttons and has turned off wifi on my router a couple of times already. Is there any way to disable that button? Or assign another function to it that would be less debilitating than cutting wifi?

I have a small child who delights in pressing buttons and has turned off wifi on my router a couple of times already. Is there any way to disable that button? Or assign another function to it that would be less debilitating than cutting wifi?

Tape something hard over the button? In some old models that only had a WPS button you could customize what it did. I believe now there is no customization that can be done by the user, even by scripting or changing variables, at least that's what @RMerlin said in an old thread.

Tape something hard over the button? In some old models that only had a WPS button you could customize what it did. I believe now there is no customization that can be done by the user, even by scripting or changing variables, at least that's what @RMerlin said in an old thread.
wel there is a option to toggle between 2 variants
so there has to be something possible unless its hardcoded in kernel
1681043203372.png

wel there is a option to toggle between 2 variants
so there has to be something possible unless its hardcoded in kernel
View attachment 49195

If they've brought that option back in your router, disable WPS (good idea anyway) and set the button to toggle WPS. Should make the button non functional.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!