What's new

Disable WiFi Scheduler temporarily on WPS press

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

otterslide

New Around Here
I am looking to figure out if it's possible to disable the WiFi Scheduler for a preset amount of time.
For example, on WPS press, I'd like to Disable WiFi scheduler for the next 4 hours, and also turn WiFi on. This way the scheduler will not re-disable it right away.

I think I'd need to change the scheduler code, but not sure which file I should be looking at? Any ideas how to set a flag, maybe just touch a file and check the timestamp if it's within the last 4 hours?

I know I can do the entire work with Cron and avoid scheduler, but I wanted to keep using the scheduler since it more user friendly.
I've read another post from the past of somebody who wanted this feature, so maybe it's possible to integrate it in the firmware somehow, to pause any scheduler activity for X number of hours on button press along with running a small script that could enable WiFi.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!