What's new

Diversion diversion Aimesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rlj2

I offload some of the extra services to one of my ac86u aimesh nodes, everything works fine. But diversion wont install because it says its a ap/media bridge. Is there a reason beyond my capability for this? Id just assume Id set my local networks dns to that nodes ip.

The firewall is turned off on an AP or node.
Router services belong on a router not an AP or node!

The firewall is turned off on an AP or node.
Router services belong on a router not an AP or node!
What does firewall have to do with it? the main router would still handle that. So your saying nobody should run pihole,etc on a computer inside there network (fyi, I did this forever)? Because thats basically all the node would be used for in this instance. Dns/adblocking isnt necessarily a router service.

No DNS server in Access Point or Media Bridge Mode. Pi-hole runs own DNS server.
tech9, theres the tech answer I was looking for and hadnt even thought about. Enough tweaking i could probably do it. But also probably not worth the effort. Ty

Don't tweak too much this mixed AiMesh setup. Run whatever you need on the main router, leave the nodes alone.

Don't tweak too much this mixed AiMesh setup. Run whatever you need on the main router, leave the nodes alone.
I have one node that backs up all the usb drives (that are connected to multiple mesh routers) to google drive with rclone everynight, another that runs a irc client 24/7, another has cups running for a printer, because asus doesnt do that for nodes yet. They are more or less low end computers at the end of day. But those are standalone processes.. get what your saying also.

They are more or less low end computers at the end of day.

Yes, but with just enough hardware to do specific things only. NAS is not one of them. As most folks around, you'll realize that when you lose data.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!