What's new

Diversion and NextDNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JemTheWire

I have been using Diversion since its initial release and have been happy with it, both in functionality and effectiveness. I am using StevenBlacks blocking list. However, I have recently started using NextDNS and enabled the same blocking list there too. My question is, do I still need to use Diversion or am I just duplicating things?

You can do public DNS server filtering instead of local. The final result is the same.

Though so, thanks for the confirmation.

NextDNS is free up to 300K requests per month. You can try AdGuard DNS (free version) instead. No customization options, but works well for malware and ad-blocking. Plus AiProtection on top if you like. Plus uBlock Origin (the best, blocks YouTube ads and doesn't destroy pages) on supported devices.

I do actually use uBlock on my Windows PC and like you say, it really does a good job. But I will give NextDNS a good try and see how it well it performs on my other connected devices.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!