What's new

Diversion Diversion and the 400MB blacklist file

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

redvers

Regular Contributor
So I was encountering issues with Diversion, ads weren't being blocked, and the app wouldn't run & instead hung for ages doing a grep... my router was also having issues as well, wasn't sure what was going on!

Has taken a while to get to the bottom of it, but my blacklist file in /tmp/mnt/usb/entware/share/diversion/list was over 400MB! Deleting this appears to have brought back normal service...

I've no idea how it could have happened; my auto update ran on Thursday which is roughly when I started getting issues, unfortunately the update I did today has overwritten the log so I cannot see if there's anything there that might suggest what caused this!

There was also a backup of this file taken when I was trying to fix things this morning. When trying to delete the backup file from within Diversion it got stuck doing a sed! Had to kill it and rm the file manually...

Attachments

• IMG_9252.jpg
    IMG_9252.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 136

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!