What's new

Diversion Diversion blocking too much - Any other list?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

WillyTP

Regular Contributor
Hello everybody.
Lately I'm experiencing many issues with Diversion enabled.

I mean, even with small blocking list, I'm experiencing connection issues to Amazon, Wikipedia and many other, specially with mobile.

Is there around some other blocking list which allows browsing without issues even with some ads?

Thanks

I am using the Large blocking list and never ever have I had any problems at all with Wikipedia. Be it mobile or not.
Maybe your DNS settings are the root of these failures.

May I know which DNS are you using?
I'm with Cloudflare.

Thanks
Try this in WAN settings:

1613253035726.png

What do you see when you're having problems and are Following DNSMasq in Diversion?

Hello everybody.

I mean, even with small blocking list, I'm experiencing connection issues to Amazon, Wikipedia and many other, specially with mobile.

Is there around some other blocking list which allows browsing without issues even with some ads?

Thanks

Actually, the "minimal" blocking list - which includes only the proven and time-tested MVPS Hosts list, will actually block 80% of the ads on the web for most people.

It should not cause any issues with Amazon/Wikipedia on mobile, and will still deliver an 80% cleaner experience.

HOWEVER, pixelserv-TLS is known to cause issues with Amazon/other apps on mobile - that problem has been discussed extensively on this forum.
The quickest way to deal with that is to disable pixelserv-TLS and use Diversion in "lite" mode.

Hello everybody.

Thanks
Try it without pixelserv-tls.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!