What's new

Diversion Diversion blocking WellsFargo Mobile app, following log shows nothing blocked

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jorgsmash

Hi all. I've been trying to diagnose Diversion with my WellsFargo Mobile App. After opening the app and signing in, it closes immediately and says the service is not available. I disable Diversion and it works fine. I followed the Dnsmasq log and gave it my phone's IP. Diversion was blocking these 3 domains when I tried to log into the app:

dpm.demdex.net
device.4seeresults.com
analytics.foresee.com

I whitelisted these three domains and they were all found in the medium and large blocking lists. The problem with the app still persists, and when I follow the Dnsmasq log now, the issue still happens but there is no results from tailing the log. If I disable Diversion ad blocking it works fine.

As a side question, is it normal for it to take about 5 minutes each time you process the Whitelist?

Thanks gang!

Update:

Tailing the log some more, dpm.demdex.net is still being blocked. Trying to add it to the whitelist says that it's already in the Whitelist:

Enter selection [1-5 e=Exit] 3

i Press Ctrl-C to exit

14:27:11 blocked by blockinglist_fs dpm.demdex.net

Add domain like so: domain.com or www.domain.com

An explanatory comment can be added after this step

Enter domain [e=Exit] dpm.demdex.net

dpm.demdex.net

is already in whitelist

! Press Enter to return

Update 2:

I had to manually go and edit the two Blocking List files located

/tmp/mnt/sda5/entware/share/diversion/list# nano blockinglist
/tmp/mnt/sda5/entware/share/diversion/list# nano blockinglist_fs

And deleted the entries for dpm.demdex.net.

This was after confirming it was in the Whitelist and reprocessing the lists multiple times. Is this normal behavior? It was a lot of manual work when the Whitelist is supposed to delete those entries for me.

Last edited:
This was after confirming it was in the Whitelist and reprocessing the lists multiple times. Is this normal behavior? It was a lot of manual work when the Whitelist is supposed to delete those entries for me.
Aww, have a smiley for your hard work: :)
That glitch is long fixed in my development version and will be included in the next Diversion update.

The 3 listed domains are trackers and don't have anything to do with the function of the app. Wait for thelonleycoders fix.

Aww, have a smiley for your hard work: :)
That glitch is long fixed in my development version and will be included in the next Diversion update.
Thank you for the smiley.... I didn't know you were aware of the issue.
The 3 listed domains are trackers and don't have anything to do with the function of the app. Wait for thelonleycoders fix.

Whitelisting the 3 domains (the long way) allowed the app to work.

Thank you for the smiley.... I didn't know you were aware of the issue.

Whitelisting the 3 domains (the long way) allowed the app to work.
That's insane that they use 3rd party tracker dependency to controll the function of their app. You are basically opening your network to some of the largest trackers just to run this one app.

That's insane that they use 3rd party tracker dependency to controll the function of their app. You are basically opening your network to some of the largest trackers just to run this one app.
Well I didn't know those were large offenders. I guess I can just blacklist them again and use mobile data for the app. Their desktop site was working fine with those still blocked as well.

Is there a way to manage the whitelist and blacklist in the GUI or just through amtm?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!