What's new

Diversion Diversion getting corrupted/hacked

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ellsworth

Occasional Visitor
I have been using diversion since I loaded Asuswrt-merlin. Lately (at least twice in the past week) the diversion files have gotten corrupt. I can tell by running an update. The first time diversion only showed corrupted, it was yellow when running the update. I completed a forced update and then checked the files again with an update. The files showed that they were normal. But, less than a week later, I checked the files again and they were once again corrupted. Not only diversion was corrupted but some of the auxiliary files were corrupted. All the time that the files were corrupted diversion seemed to work properly, although it took a long time to open up on a putty connection. So I am wondering if that is indicative that I have a memory problem with my router or someone is hacking diversion?

I have been using diversion since I loaded Asuswrt-merlin. Lately (at least twice in the past week) the diversion files have gotten corrupt. I can tell by running an update. The first time diversion only showed corrupted, it was yellow when running the update. I completed a forced update and then checked the files again with an update. The files showed that they were normal. But, less than a week later, I checked the files again and they were once again corrupted. Not only diversion was corrupted but some of the auxiliary files were corrupted. All the time that the files were corrupted diversion seemed to work properly, although it took a long time to open up on a putty connection. So I am wondering if that is indicative that I have a memory problem with my router or someone is hacking diversion?
I am not sure it is diversion suffering corruption, or a failing flash storage that diversion is stored on. IMHO any time I have read a post as such, it turned out to be a failing flash storage that was corrupt. Diversion failure/malfunction/corruption was just a side-effect of the resulting failed storage media(flash device). By the time the user replaces the storage media the issue was resolved.

I am not sure it is diversion suffering corruption, or a failing flash storage that diversion is stored on. IMHO any time I have read a post as such, it turned out to be a failing flash storage that was corrupt. Diversion failure/malfunction/corruption was just a side-effect of the resulting failed storage media(flash device). By the time the user replaces the storage media the issue was resolved.
This is more likely the case that your usb has gone bad.

This is more likely the case that your usb has gone bad.
Or simply can't keep up with the demands being put on it. Not all USB devices are created (or rated) equally :)

I have replaced the USB device (actually it was an SD card in a USB carrier). So now I haven't seen any problems yet but I will keep checking. Thanks everyone!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!