Diversion Diversion gives error when installing youtube adblocking

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Ojee

Occasional Visitor
I have Diversion running on my Asus RT-AC87U and it works perfectly. However when I try to install youtube ad blocking (b-8), I get this error:
error installation of required entware package bind-dig failed
What does this mean and how do I fix it?

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
What firmware are you using on the RT-AC87U? What version of amtm are you running? Is this a new install or has Diversion been running for a while already? What other scripts and features/options past defaults are you using on the router? Any other servers (pi-hole?) on your network?

Ojee

Occasional Visitor
I'm running the latest Merlin firmware. I don't know what amtm is. This install of Diversion has been running for 2 years. This is the only script running on the router.It is also the only adblocker on the network. I don't have pi-hole.

thelonelycoder

Part of the Furniture
I have Diversion running on my Asus RT-AC87U and it works perfectly. However when I try to install youtube ad blocking (b-8), I get this error:

What does this mean and how do I fix it?
Looks like you need to check for and update Entware packages first. In Diversion enter ep, 6, 5.
amtm is a front end that manages popular scripts that I develop so users don't need to enter complicated commands to install, manage and check for script updates.
amtm is included in all recent Asuswrt-Merlin firmware builds. Just enter amtm in the terminal to experience the magic ;)

KGB7

Very Senior Member
Looks like you need to check for and update Entware packages first. In Diversion enter ep, 6, 5.
amtm is a front end that manages popular scripts that I develop so users don't need to enter complicated commands to install, manage and check for script updates.
amtm is included in all recent Asuswrt-Merlin firmware builds. Just enter amtm in the terminal to experience the magic ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. This fixed same exact issue for me on Asus AC68.

Cheers.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!